Re: repeated out of shared memory error - not related tomax_locks_per_transaction - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rui DeSousa
Subject Re: repeated out of shared memory error - not related tomax_locks_per_transaction
Date
List pgsql-admin
Just using the common tools like htop or (ps aux);  specifically VIRT column in htop or VSZ column in ps.   Basically,
howmuch virtual memory is allocated to the process (the total address space of the process).

> On Jul 20, 2018, at 11:38 AM, Alfonso Moscato <alfonso.moscato@merqurio.it> wrote:
>
> Hi Rui,
> we have 100 forked postgres processes, I don't know how to determine if we are hitting the 47Gb limit.
> Any suggestion?

errorsgiven that your system commit limit is 47GB; However, with shared_buffers at 23GB I don’t think you should be
hittingthe 47GB limit — are you?