Re: O(n) tasks cause lengthy startups and checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: O(n) tasks cause lengthy startups and checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/13/21, 10:21 AM, "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> Thanks for chiming in.  I have an almost-complete patch set that I'm
> hoping to post to the lists in the next couple of days.

As promised, here is v2.  This patch set includes handling for all
four tasks noted upthread.  I'd still consider this a work-in-
progress, as I've done minimal testing.  At the very least, it should
demonstrate what an auxiliary process approach might look like.

Nathan

Attachment