Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brendan Duddridge
Subject Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase
Date
Re: Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a query that returns 569 rows in FrontBase, but only 30 rows in Postgres. The data is the same as I just finished copying my entire database over from FrontBase to Postgres.

I've reduced my problem to the following statement and have discovered that FrontBase returns null rows along with the rows that match the query and PostgreSQL only returns the not null rows.

CON.IS_SUBSCRIBED NOT IN ('X', 'P')

Is that normal? I guess I have to rewrite my queries to handle this situation.

Does anyone have any idea why the two database engines might differ in this way?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE