Re: Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Uwe C. Schroeder
Subject Re: Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase
Date
List pgsql-general
AFAIK NULL is not a value according to SQL spec, so it doesn't match in a "not
in" clause (or any other value comparing clause for that matter, i.e. blabla
>= 10 will not match rows where blabla is null). Therefor I'd say the result
of 30 is correct.
If you want to see null results too you should say so, i.e.

CON.IS_SUBSCRIBED NOT IN ('X', 'P') OR CON.IS_SUBSCRIBED IS NULL

--
    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    1618 Kelly St
Phone:  +1 707 568 3056        Santa Rosa, CA 95401