Re: [HACKERS] Old versions of Test::More - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Old versions of Test::More
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 21 Apr 2017, at 15:08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> As we discovered yesterday via jacana, very old versions of Test::More
> don't support the note() function. It therefore seems prudent to specify
> a minimum version number for the module in those scripts that use the
> function. According to the changelog, version 0.82 (released in Oct
> 2008) should be sufficient. So I suggest the attached patch.

+1 for specifying version (0.82 was replaced with 0.84 within hours but it
doesn’t really matter for this).  However, since src/test/ssl/ServerSetup.pm
also invoke note() doesn’t it make sense to add the version requirement there
as well as a guard in case a testscript using ServerSetup isn’t explicitly
specifying the Test::More version?

cheers ./daniel