Re: How to revoke a password - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bailey, Larry
Subject Re: How to revoke a password
Date
Re: How to revoke a password
List pgsql-performance
Thanks but it is still prompting for a password.

Larry Bailey
Sr. Oracle DBA
First American Real Estate Solution
(714) 701-3347
lbailey@firstam.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 5:10 PM
To: Bailey, Larry
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] How to revoke a password

Bailey, Larry wrote:
> I created a user with a password. That newly created user now have
> tables and indexes. I want to ALTER that user to exclude the password.
> How is this accomplished without dropping and recreating the users?

Never tried to go backwards before but:

alter user foo with encrypted password '';

But as I look at pg_shadow there is still a hash...

You could do:

update pg_shadow set passwd = '' where usename = 'foo';

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting Home of