Re: "Vacuum Full Analyze" taking so long - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomeh, Husam
Subject Re: "Vacuum Full Analyze" taking so long
Date
List pgsql-performance
Nothing was running except the job. The server did not look stressed out
looking at top and vmstat. We have seen slower query performance when
performing load tests, so I run the re-index on all application indexes
and then issue a full vacuum. I ran the same thing on a staging server
and it took less than 12 hours. Is there a possibility the DB pages are
corrupted. Is there a command to verify that. (In Oracle, there's a
dbverify command that checks for corruption on the data files level).

The other question I have. What would be the proper approach to rebuild
indexes. I re-indexes and then run vacuum/analyze. Should I not use the
re-index approach, and instead, drop the indexes, vacuum the tables, and
then create the indexes, then run analyze on tables and indexes??

Thanks,

--
 Husam