Re: persistent connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From K Parker
Subject Re: persistent connection
Date
List pgsql-general
>Of course, if that _is_ true, then PHP is all but useless as a layer
>between PostgreSQL and the Web, since the latency in starting a
>pg_Connect is truly horrible.

I haven't found that to be the case at all.  I started out with pg_pconnect() just assuming that I needed to save the
overhead,but we noticed no perceptible-to-the-user difference after we switched to plain pg_connect().  In case it
matters,apache and pgsql are on the same box in our case, so the connection is via unix-domain sockets rather than
tcp/ip.