[HELP] Unable to initiate database cluster - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From dsge94@outlook.com
Subject [HELP] Unable to initiate database cluster
Date
List pgsql-bugs

I download the zip archives [Binaries from installer Version 11.4] from postgresql website (https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries) . The binaries are unzipped in the folder D:\pgsql.

When I cd into folder D:\pgsql\bin and execute the following command

  >> .\initdb -D E:\path\to\my\data -U postgres -W

I get an error. The error prompt is:

The program "postgres" was found by "D:/pgsql/bin/initdb.exe"

but was not the same version as initdb.

Check your installation.

But I check both the initdb.exe and postgres.exe, only to find that their versions are the same (11.4)

Is there anything wrong with my configuration? What should I do?

Thanks for your help

Devon