Re: [HELP] Unable to initiate database cluster - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: [HELP] Unable to initiate database cluster
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello.

At Fri, 9 Aug 2019 03:14:29 +0000, "dsge94@outlook.com" <dsge94@outlook.com> wrote in
 <BN6PR03MB31720D98DD59B41083CA1364C4D60@BN6PR03MB3172.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
(https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries). The binaries are unzipped in the folder D:\pgsql.

> When I cd into folder D:\pgsql\bin and execute the following command
>   >> .\initdb -D E:\path\to\my\data -U postgres -W
> I get an error. The error prompt is:
> The program "postgres" was found by "D:/pgsql/bin/initdb.exe"
> but was not the same version as initdb.
> Check your installation.
>
> But I check both the initdb.exe and postgres.exe, only to find that their versions are the same (11.4)
>
> Is there anything wrong with my configuration? What should I do?

The message means that postgres.exe is found in the same
directory, but it is not the same version with initdb. Maybe you
have copied the zip file partly onto existing installation of
maybe-older version of postgresql.

You will see what is wrong by running the commands with -V option
like this.

> .\initdb -V
initdb (PostgreSQL) 11.4
> .\postgres -V