Re: How to automatically find the *right* libpq_fe.h? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Gainty
Subject Re: How to automatically find the *right* libpq_fe.h?
Date
List pgsql-general
this is somewhat related and very important for the internationalization of postgres db

i  took a look at the localisation routines and could'nt locate any functionality to java getText(int KeyToLookup) ..no big surprise as C preceded Java by at least 10 years

10 years ago i did a contract where I ran thru a mass of legacy code and localised it..the contract was 3 months long and it took every minute to make the localisation work
i'm wondering if there is an faster alternative for legacy apps
here is what i think is the current localisation for deutsche from /po/de.po source distro
#: pl_comp.c:418 pl_handler.c:177
#, c-format
msgid "PL/pgSQL functions cannot accept type %s"
msgstr "PL/pgSQL-Funktionen können Typ %s nicht annehmen"

//In JAVA
//to enable deutsche messages
struts.custom.i18n.resources=globalMessages_de

//globalMessages_de.properties
msgid=Speichern
greeting=GutenTag
item.edit={0} bearbeiten
item.create={0} neu anlegen
item.list={0}-Liste
token.transfer.time=Die \u00dcberweisung wurde am {0,date,HH:mm:ss MM-dd-yyyy} durchgef\u00fchrt
endTag=VielGluck
firstName=Martin

//to acquire localised key for jsp display
    <s:textfield label="%{getText('employee.firstName')}" name="currentEmployee.firstName"/>

?
Martin Gainty
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung