Why are there pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd error_log ? (Postgres 8.3.7 on CentOS 5) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aleksey Tsalolikhin
Subject Why are there pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd error_log ? (Postgres 8.3.7 on CentOS 5)
Date
Re: Why are there pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd error_log ? (Postgres 8.3.7 on CentOS 5)  (Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>)
Re: Why are there pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd error_log ? (Postgres 8.3.7 on CentOS 5)  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Why are there pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd error_log ? (Postgres 8.3.7 on CentOS 5)  (Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Hi.  I just found pg_dump errors in my Apache httpd log and am really
confused.   Has anybody seen this before?

My syslog.conf does not mention the httpd error_log.

How did the errors get in there?

# grep pg_dump /var/log/httpd/error_log
pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file: Permission denied
pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file: Permission denied
pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file: Permission denied
pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file: Permission denied
pg_dump: server version: X.X.X; pg_dump version: Y.Y.Y
pg_dump: aborting because of version mismatch  (Use the -i option to
proceed anyway.)
#

Thanks,
Aleksey