Re: logical changeset generation v6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Singer
Subject Re: logical changeset generation v6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/03/2013 12:38 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Does your code use SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE on system or
> treat_as_catalog tables? Greetings, Andres Freund

Yes.
It declares sl_table and sl_sequence and sl_set as catalog.

It does a
SELECT ......    from @NAMESPACE@.sl_table T, @NAMESPACE@.sl_set S,                "pg_catalog".pg_class PGC,
"pg_catalog".pg_namespacePGN,                "pg_catalog".pg_index PGX, "pg_catalog".pg_class PGXC

where ... for update

in the code being executed by the 'set add table'.

(We also do select for update commands in many other places during
cluster configuration commands)