Re: Formating psql query output - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Santamauro
Subject Re: Formating psql query output
Date
List pgsql-general

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>
Date: Monday, July 19, 2021 at 1:33 PM

> Is there an option that will retain the '|' separator but exclude the headings?
> Reading the psql document page I don't see such an option.

echo 'select 1,2,3,4;' | psql -At -F'|'

1|2|3|4

-A Switches to unaligned output mode. (The default output mode is aligned.) This is equivalent to \pset format unaligned.

-t Turn off printing of column names and result row count footers, etc. This is equivalent to \t or \pset tuples_only.

-F Use separator as the field separator for unaligned output. This is equivalent to \pset fieldsep or \f.

HTH