7.3.2 - 7.4.1 on RedHat 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mark Lubratt
Subject 7.3.2 - 7.4.1 on RedHat 9.0
Date
Re: 7.3.2 - 7.4.1 on RedHat 9.0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
I've finally decided to upgrade my postgresql installation.  I'm
currently running 7.3.2 on RedHat 9.0.

Here's my dilemma:  Since RedHat is no longer supporting their "RedHat"
distributions, I can't really get a RPM for the upgrade.  I'm concerned
about orphaning files if I do a straight compile from source (not
getting the configured directories to be the same as the original
installation).  So the question is, do I uninstall the original RPM and
do a compile from source?  Do I go to a SRPM?  Do I uninstall and then
use a SRPM?

TIA, Mark