Re: idle in transaction - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: idle in transaction
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Marc Mitchell" <marcm@eisolution.com> writes:
> So long as the idled transaction isn't holding any locks on any data
> resources, I don't know if this condition is a bad thing.  It would be
> nice to be able to differentiate between a transaction that has been
> "declared" but has yet to really begin issuing any statements and take
> locks from transactions that are idle "mid-transaction".

You guys should probably take this to the pgsql-jdbc list, since that's
where the people who know the innards of the JDBC driver hang out.

I just saw a patch go by on that list that purports to
    * Keeps track of the current transaction state.
    * Prevents starting a new transaction until actually required.
so that may address your concern.  I'm not enough of a JDBC hacker
to be sure though.

            regards, tom lane