Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmytrii Nagirniak
Subject Re: Optimise PostgreSQL for fast testing
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24/02/2012, at 5:15 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

Now all you have to do is parallelise the tests and everything can
work 10 times quicker and it would be much faster than the time SQLite
produced.

So using PostgreSQL for testing would be both quicker and more
accurate, if you set the tests up right.

That is certainly true. And there are number of techniques to make tests faster.
But that is outside of the scope of this thread I believe.

I only want to make it run locally (don't care about CI yet) faster.
So far I could get the most out of with fsync=off (which is ~15% improvement).