DTrace probes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Theo Schlossnagle
Subject DTrace probes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Howdy,

I just saw Robert Lor's patch w.r.t. dtrace probes.  It looks very
similar in what we've done.  We run a nice set of probes in production
here that allow us to track the details of checkpointing and statement
execution.  I've given a few presentations around these probes and
have had very positive feedback.   They've been available for a while
now, but I never got around to sending them to the list:

https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/browser/trunk/postgresql/8.3.1.patch?format=txt

Documentation is in wiki format, but I'd be happy to convert it to
something else:

https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/wiki/Applications#PostgreSQL

Best regards,

Theo