Re: DTrace probes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: DTrace probes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 19 May 2008 11:32:28 Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I just saw Robert Lor's patch w.r.t. dtrace probes.  It looks very
> similar in what we've done.  We run a nice set of probes in production
> here that allow us to track the details of checkpointing and statement
> execution.  I've given a few presentations around these probes and
> have had very positive feedback.   They've been available for a while
> now, but I never got around to sending them to the list:
>
> https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/browser/trunk/postgresql/8.3.1.
>patch?format=txt
>
> Documentation is in wiki format, but I'd be happy to convert it to
> something else:
>
> https://labs.omniti.com/trac/project-dtrace/wiki/Applications#PostgreSQL

Attached is the patch combining Theo's patch from above into the original
patch from Robert Lor.  It is supposed to build on OSX and Solaris.  I'll be
updating the July commitfest entry to point to this patch, case anyone wants
to review it.

--
Robert Treat