Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Clark Endrizzi
Subject Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?
Date
Re: Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?  (Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,
I have a field that I'll be ordering and  I noticed that ordering is done
logically and would confuse my users here (1,12,16,4,8, etc).

I'm writing an application in PHP that connects to Postgres and while I know
that PHP has some powerful natural ordering functions it would be much
easier if I could just use something from postgres directly.  Does there
exist any way to order naturally?

Thanks,
Clark Endrizzi