Re: postgresql and javascript - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Goodenough
Subject Re: postgresql and javascript
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 07 December 2004 22:42, Chris Smith wrote:
> RobertD.Stewart@ky.gov wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to connect  javascript to a postgresql database
>
> You can't connect javascript to any sort of database. You need something
> like php, python etc - it can connect to your database and generate
> javascript.

Well you may not be able to now, but I seem to recall the a future version
of Kexi (the KOffice version of Access) although it currently it scripted in
Python it is intended to allow it to be scripted in ECMAScript (which is
near enough JavaScript), so that will have to produce an interface.  But
you will need to wait till at least next year.

David