Update rule on view with multiple tables fails? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From w fm3
Subject Update rule on view with multiple tables fails?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi

Could anyone let me know if I have  done something wrong with the rule?
As when trying to update via ODBC the update fails. - But seems to work with
php though?

--

Postgresql 7.3.2

odbc up to and incl ver7.03.0201

1 view, joining 2 tables
(1 - many in this case- companies and contacts- 'orgref' and 'conref' being
the Primary keys)

--
View definition looks like:

SELECT contacts.conref, contacts.orgref, contacts.lastname,
organisations.lob
FROM (contacts
LEFT JOIN  organisations  ON ((contacts.orgref = organisations.orgref )));

Rule looks like:

UPDATE contacts SET lastname = new.lastname

WHERE (old.conref = contacts.conref ); UPDATE organisations SET lob =
new.lob
WHERE (old.orgref = organisations.orgref );  );

---

in this case trying to make changes to the lastname and lob fields.

Many thanks