Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS
Date
In response to Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> If we need to work around brain-dead isupper() tests, maybe the best
>>> thing is to implement two versions of the loop:
>>>
>>>        if (encoding is single byte)
>>>                ... loop as it stands ...
>>>        else
>>>                ... loop without the "else if" part
>
>> That seems like a clear improvement.  It's a long way from perfect,
>> but still worthwhile.
>
>> Would we back-patch that?  Just do it in master?  Wait for 9.2?
>
> It looks to me like a portability bug fix, so I'd say back-patch.
>
> I'll take care of it, unless you're hot to do so?

Nope, have at it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company