Re: Autoanalyze and OldestXmin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Autoanalyze and OldestXmin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am wondering if we shouldn't be asking ourselves a different
>> question: why is ANALYZE running long enough on your tables for this
>> to become an issue?  How long is it taking?
>
> The log file attached in the first post has the details; it's taking around 5 mins for the accounts table with 50
scalefactor and 50 clients

Wow, that's slow.  Still, what if the user were doing a transaction of
comparable size?  It's not like ANALYZE is doing a gigantic amount of
work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company