Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Also, once you free yourself from the analogy to work_mem, you could
> adopt some more natural unit than KB.  I'd think MB would be a practical
> unit size, and would avoid (at least for the near term) the need to make
> the parameter a float.

As long as users can specify any unit when they input the parameter it
doesn't really matter what unit the variable is stored in. I'm not
sure the GUC infrastructure can currently handle megabytes as the
native units for a guc though.

--
greg