Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space
Date
Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space
List pgsql-hackers
> So I'm not sure work_disk is a great name.

I agree.  Maybe something along the lines of "temp_file_limit"?

Also, once you free yourself from the analogy to work_mem, you could
adopt some more natural unit than KB.  I'd think MB would be a practical
unit size, and would avoid (at least for the near term) the need to make
the parameter a float.