Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> With regards to the naming, I think it would be better if we kept
>> XLOG_XACT_COMMIT record exactly as it is now, and make the second
>> record an entirely new record called XLOG_XACT_COMMIT_FASTPATH. That
>> way we retain backwards compatibility.
>
> I liked your previous suggestion of commit and commit-with-info
> better.  There's nothing particularly fast about this; it's just less
> info.  So to speak.

At any rate we shouldn't name the stuct one way (xl_xact_commit and
xl_xact_commit_with_info) and the constants the other way
(XLOG_XACT_COMMIT and XLOG_XACT_COMMIT_FASTPATH).  They should match.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company