Re: branching for 9.2devel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Blewett
Subject Re: branching for 9.2devel
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we not setup a automatic mechanism where a submitter can send a patch to
> some email id, the patch gets applied on the current HEAD, pgindent is run
> and the new patch is sent back to the submitter who can then submit it to
> the hackers for review. If the patch does not apply cleanly, the same can
> also be emailed back to the submitter.

This seems like a pretty good idea, but maybe it'd be easiest to take
it a step further and add an "automatic pgindent-ified" patch is
created when a patch is added to the commitfest app? If the original
patch didn't apply cleanly, just don't make the "pgindet-ified" link a
link and instead mark it red/strikethrough or some such?

It would probably be good to have both pieces, so that patch authors
could verify things outside of the app.

--
Thanks,

David Blewett