startupBufferPinWaitBufId vs. ProcGlobalShmemSize - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject startupBufferPinWaitBufId vs. ProcGlobalShmemSize
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ProcGlobalShmemSize() currently includes code to allow space for
startupBufferPinWaitBufId.  But I think that's redundant, because that
variable is stored in PROC_HDR *ProcGlobal, for which this function is
separately allocating space.

So I propose to apply the attached patch, barring objections.

I see no reason to back-patch this, since allocating an extra 4 bytes
of shared memory is hardly anything to get excited about.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment