Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@chesnok.com> wrote:
>> At the risk of starting an epic bikeshedding thread, I've attached a
>> small patch that includes an example for both ipv4 and ipv6 localhost
>> configuration.
>
> My "bikeshedding" would be to ensure that the sample pg_hba.conf
> includes some kind of reference comment indicating where to look in
> the documentation for more about this.  Section numbers aren't stable
> enough; section title is probably apropos.

We don't do this in any of the other configuration files, so while I
like the focus on helping users out, it would be a significant
departure from convention.

Creating an annotated config file in the wiki would be welcome. :)

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com