Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@chesnok.com> wrote:
> At the risk of starting an epic bikeshedding thread, I've attached a
> small patch that includes an example for both ipv4 and ipv6 localhost
> configuration.

My "bikeshedding" would be to ensure that the sample pg_hba.conf
includes some kind of reference comment indicating where to look in
the documentation for more about this.  Section numbers aren't stable
enough; section title is probably apropos.

The most relevant docs seem to be "Preparing the Master for Standby Servers"
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby.html#PREPARING-MASTER-FOR-STANDBY
or

Streaming Replication Authentication
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-AUTHENTICATION