Re: Please test peer (socket ident) auth on *BSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Please test peer (socket ident) auth on *BSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 12:04 PM, Marko Kreen wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Why? Windows doesn't have Unix domain sockets at all.
>>
>> Because the function is still referenced in the code.
>>

> Then maybe we need to use "#ifndef WIN32" in those places. That's what we do
> for similar cases.

No, that would be a bad idea - uglifies code for no good reason.

The function is referenced undef IS_AF_UNIX() check, so it would
not be run anyway.  Even if it would run somehow, there is only
2 lines to return ENOSYS.

With #ifdef you would need some additional error message under #ifdef WIN32,
just in case, so what exactly would be improved by that?

--
marko