Re: time-delayed standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: time-delayed standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> I think we can just always call ShutdownWalRcv(). It should be gone if the
> server was promoted while streaming, but that's just an implementation
> detail of what the promotion code does. There's no hard reason why it
> shouldn't be running at that point anymore, as long as we kill it before
> going any further.

Okay. But I'd like to add the following assertion check just before
ShutdownWalRcv() which you added, in order to detect such a bug
that we found this time, i.e., the bug which causes unexpected end
of recovery. Thought?
   Assert(reachedStopPoint || !WalRcvInProgress())

> Committed a patch to do that.

Thanks. Should we backport it to 9.0? 9.0 has the same problem.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center