Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization
Date
Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> BTW, if you're hacking Postgres code and don't already have a
> "reinstall" script, you need one.  Mine is basically
>
>        pg_ctl stop
>        cd $PGBLDROOT/src/backend
>        make install-bin
>        pg_ctl start

I've always wondered what other people do to iterate quickly. It's a
bit of a pain that you can't just run the binary out of the build
tree. This looks a lot safer than some of the things I was considering
doing with symlinks.

--
greg