Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:
> I've always wondered what other people do to iterate quickly.

I'd have bet money you had an elisp program for this by now!

The peg utility script I use makes a reinstall as simple as:

stop
peg build

The UI for peg is still is a little rough around switching to another
project when using git, and the PGDATA handling could be better.  Being
able to give each patch I want to play with its own binary+data tree
with a couple of simple commands is the time consuming part to setup I
wanted to automate completely, and for that it works great:
https://github.com/gregs1104/peg