Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Curvey
Subject Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
On 05/04/11 11:18, Chris Curvey wrote:

> This is on Ubuntu 10.10 server, 64-bit on Intel.  I'm running Postgres
> 9.0.3, 64-bit from the ppa repository.
>
> What can I do to help the developers find the root cause of this?  I'm
> happy to run a debug version, or find a corefile, or whatever I can, but
> I might need some guidance, as I'm pretty new to postgres.

A backtrace would be a good start. On Ubuntu you will need to install
debuginfo packages first. For details, see:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

--
Craig Ringer

Hmmm.  I'm on Ubuntu, and running 9.0.3, so I'm getting my packages from Martin Pitt, per the instructions at http://www.dctrwatson.com/2010/09/installing-postgresql-9-0-on-ubuntu-10-04/.  I don't seem to see any debug packages there.

Can anyone point me to debug packages for 9.0.3, or point me to the correct flags to use to compile from source with the debug symbols?

--
Ignoring that little voice in my head since 1966!