Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: postgres segfaulting on pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/04/11 11:18, Chris Curvey wrote:

> This is on Ubuntu 10.10 server, 64-bit on Intel.  I'm running Postgres
> 9.0.3, 64-bit from the ppa repository.
>
> What can I do to help the developers find the root cause of this?  I'm
> happy to run a debug version, or find a corefile, or whatever I can, but
> I might need some guidance, as I'm pretty new to postgres.

A backtrace would be a good start. On Ubuntu you will need to install
debuginfo packages first. For details, see:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

--
Craig Ringer