Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Jim,

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Nasby, Jim <JNasby@enovafinancial.com> wrote:

> I think there's a couple benefits to mentioning sponsorship:
>
> - It provides added legitimacy to the project *in the eyes of businesses* when they see development being funded by
otherbusinesses
> - It raises awareness that businesses *can* fund development of features/fixes
> - It recognizes those who have contributed to development

Can you explain how Enova would use the recognition?

I thought of a few things - like: easier to recruit other developers
(maybe specifically Postgres devs) who are interested in open source,
raise the profile of the company among investors who like to see that
a company isn't dependent on proprietary software at their core.  I
couldn't think of any others though.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com