Re: How to check a table content efficiently? With LIMIT and OFFSET? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: How to check a table content efficiently? With LIMIT and OFFSET?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 2. There's an autovacuum background process which already does the
>>> job, doesn't it?
>>
>> Yes, but in its own time. If you know there has been a batch of inserts/deletes you might as well run analyse
immediatelyon that table.

> My table is a read-only table after all.
> That's another reason why I'm reluctant using ANALYZE <table>.

sorry, i don't follow that... why do you think that a read-only table
doesn't need an ANALYZE?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL