Re: Help - corruption issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Help - corruption issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
> On a fast network it should only take a few minutes.  Now rsyncing
> live 2.4 TB databases, that takes time. :)  Your raptors, if they're
> working properly, should be able to transfer at around 80 to
> 100Megabytes a second.  10 to 15 seconds a gig.  30 minutes or so via
> gig ethernet.  I'd run iostat and see how well my drive array was
> performing during a large, largely sequential copy.

OK. An update.

We have changed all the hardware except disks.

REINDEX still gave this problem:

    before or while processing the request.

So I rebooted and logged back in a single user mode. All services
stopped. All networking stopped. Only postgresql started. I tried the
REINDEX again.

Same problem :(

This means the problem is likely with data?

I do have a "pg_dumpall" dump from 1 day before. Will lose some data,
but should have most of it.

Is it worth it for me to try and restore from there? What's the best
thing to do right now?