Re: Help - corruption issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Help - corruption issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
>>
>> Still, do the file backup as described in the previous posts. You could
>> even do an online backup using pg_backup_start/pg_backup_stop etc.
>
> As soon as you have a working file system backup, get the tw_cli
> utility for the 3ware cards downloaded and LOOK at what it has to say
> about your RAID controller, drives, and array health.

I am with SoftLayer. They're a very professional bunch. They even
changed my BBU last night. The RAID card is working. The memory and
the hardware are also tested.

I have now upgraded to 8.2.19.

Then I restarted the server, and dropped indexes. When I recreate the
first index, the same thing happens:

------
# CREATE INDEX idx_links_userid ON links (user_id);
    before or while processing the request.
------

There is nothing going on in the server other than this command. All
other users are blocked!

Logging is enabled but does not have anything!

I am now worried. What is this problem?