Re: roles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: roles
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:06 AM, salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two databases, I need to insure that both databases has the same
> roles.  tables, schemas, views must have the same permissions and
> privileges. you can say and Identical clones. I can synchronize the roles
> using these statements

I guess it kinda depends on what you are trying to do.

If these are db's on the same db cluster, then no action is necessary
since roles are shared among databases.  If they are on different
clusters and servers, I think your approach will fail to synchronize
passwords if those are required.  I would probably do a pg_dumpall -s
and use grep to pullout the create/alter role statements along with
grants.

Best wishes,
Chris Travers