Re: Log user creation and deletion - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chetan Suttraway
Subject Re: Log user creation and deletion
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Mike Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to log the creation and deletion of PostgreSQL users?
I'm on PostgreSQL 8.4 and am trying to log using this approach:

log_connections = true
log_disconnections = true
log_statement = ddl
log_directory = /var/log/pgsql
logging_collector = true
log_rotation_age = 1440

However, I didn't see anything about user creation/deletion in the
logging documentation. Is it covered under "ddl" or something else?

Thanks,

Mike

I tried the above values, and was able to see the log message related to create user as:

LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  connection received: host=[local]
LOG:  connection authorized: user=pg database=pg
LOG:  statement: create user c3 identified by c3;

Regards,
Chetan

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation