Re: Password problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chetan Suttraway
Subject Re: Password problem
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Robert West <rwest15@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently installed PostgreSQL8.4 on a PC running WindowsXP.  I wasn't paying attention when it asked for a password during the installation process and I think it put in a default password and I clicked Next. and finished the installation.  The installation seems to have completed OK.  However, when I try to initiate a session I get a request for a password, and I am stopped at that point.  I thought I could fix it by uninstalling and re-installing, but alas, the system did not uninstall the password and I now cannot complete the installation because I do not know the password.  Is there a default password?  I tried my own password and that failed.

Thank you,
Bob

try the installation wizard again till you hit the user details. note down the user name and abort the installation.
You can go to users management console and try changing password for the same user, if you have admin rights.

Then you can retry connecting with the same user name.

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

EnterpriseDB Blog : http://blogs.enterprisedb.com