Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Attached is win32 implementation of the "named pipe trick".

It consists of a Visual Studio 2008 solution that contains two
projects, named_pipe_trick (which represents the postmaster) and
auxiliary_backend (which represents each auxiliary process). I split
the solution into two projects/programs because Windows lacks fork()
to make it all happen with a single program.

Thoughts? Once I have some buy-in, I'd like to write a patch for the
latch code that incorporates monitoring the postmaster using the named
pipe trick (for both unix_latch.c and win32_latch.c), plus Heikki's
suggestions.

Attachment