Re: shameless behavior of EDB ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
2011/5/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

> It's a nice conspiracy theory I'll grant you, but really this is just
> a simple miscommunication between the folks that put the map together
> and the web guys.
>
> You'll have seen that there were 2 colours of dots on the map. The
> green ones are a selection of our customers, and the orange ones are
> known PostgreSQL users. The web guys mistakenly thought the map showed
> just our customers and wrote the page accordingly. This has now been
> fixed.
>
> Thanks for brining this to our attention.

So you've copied a customer list from another company's web site,
placed that data on your own and then accidentally misrepresented what
that means.

There can't have been anything accidental about copying data from
someone else's website could there? It would seem you don't have
copyright to all the data on that map?

It's good that you've added a key to the website, but it still doesn't
read correctly. To be perfectly fair, it should say "PostgreSQL users
supported by EDB and other companies." and probably also mention where
you got the data from, and how.