Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS
Date
In response to Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8", caused due to non wide-char-aware downcase_truncate_identifier() function on WINDOWS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Right.  Understood.  So let's look at the cases (from git grep
>> pg_strcasecmp and pg_strncasecmp):
>
> Also pg_toupper and pg_tolower.  Right offhand, it looks like psql
> *does* assume it can lower-case identifiers this way :-(

Blarg.  I dunno what to do about that - but surely we must have the
encoding available somewhere?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company