Re: getting postgres server on freebsd startup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amitabh Kant
Subject Re: getting postgres server on freebsd startup?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Jeff Hamann <jeff.d.hamann@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
Please don't respond with "Why don't you just use the ports collection?" There's reasons - like: 1) need to build from source, 3) it's for a tutorial, and 3) postgresql90-server isn't building.

Respectfully,
Jeff.

While I can't answer your other questions, I have just completed  a fresh build of postgresql90-server on FreeBSD 8.2 (amd64 arch) without any problems using the ports. What error did you receive when using the port build?

With regards

Amitabh