Re: Help - corruption issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Help - corruption issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 25 Apr 2011, at 18:16, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> If I COPY each individual file back into the table, it works. Slowly,
> but seems to work. I tried to combine all the files into one go, then
> truncate the table, and pull it all in in one go (130 million rows or
> so) but this time it gave the same error. However, it pointed out a
> specific row where the problem was:

> "16426447    9s2q7    9s2q7    N    http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?camp=1789&creative=9325&ie=UTF8&i..."
>     This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>     before or while processing the request.
>

> Is this any use at all?  Would appreciate any pointers!

I didn't follow the entire thread, so maybe someone mentioned this already, but...
Usually if we see error messages like those it turns out the OS is killing the postgres process with it's equivalent of
alow-on-memory-killer. I know Linux's got such a beast, and that you can turn it off.

It's a frequently recurring issue on this list, there's bound to be some pointers in the archives ;)

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4db5b02411674566889782!