Re: Are there only 4 weights in PostgreSQL fulltext search? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Are there only 4 weights in PostgreSQL fulltext search?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 12, 2009, at 9:59 PM, Gaini Rajeshwar wrote:
> From the readings and documentation, i understood that there are 4
> weights A,B,C,D (1.0, 0.4, 0.2, 0.1 are the defalut values, which
> can be changed) to rank the search results.
> But using just these 4 weights is too less to rank the search
> results, as i have many fields to use for ranking.

You are correct that there are only four weights.  Each weight,
however, can be assigned to any number of fields; you are not limited
to just four fields (if I understand your comment correctly).

--
-- Christophe Pettus
    xof@thebuild.com